Grilled Pork Chops with Fresh Peach Salsa
- 2 peaches – pitted & sliced
- 1 ripe tomato - diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (8 oz) boneless pork loin chops or 4 (12oz) bone-in pork rib chops
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grate
- To create the salsa, lightly grill peach slices and coarsely chop, combine peaches, tomato, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Mix well and add salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Brush both sides of the pork chops with olive oil and season evenly with the cumin mixture.
- Place the pork chops on the preheated grill and cook until lightly browned and the juices run clear, about 4 minutes on each side, or a minimum internal temperature of 145°F.
- Serve the pork chops on plates and top each one with a generous spoonful of the peach salsa.