Butter Poached Lobster Tails
Quick & Easy – Ready to Impress Rich & succulent lobster tails in garlic scallion butter sauce!
- 4 lobster tails thawed
- ¼ cup water or white wine or prosecco
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) of unsalted butter
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp grated fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh scallions, reserve 1 tbsp for garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 fresh lemon – quartered.
Here are the quick steps to easy & delicious lobster tails.
- Split the lobster tails in half – With the lobster tail on its back (the soft under-shell facing up). Use a good sharp knife to cut lengthwise through the whole tail and fan tail right through the hard shell. You want to split the tail evenly in two and in half.
- Add water to a skillet pan over low to medium heat. Add 2-3 tablespoons of butter. Once melted, add grated garlic and continue to add remaining butter slowly until melted. Add scallions and stir.
- Add lobster tails to butter mixture in the skillet and cook for 7-9 minutes, turning tails every 2-3 minutes and spoon with butter repeatedly.
- Remove lobster tails from skillet and platter. Turn skillet to high for 30 seconds and then pour hot sizzling butter over the tails.
- Garnish with extra scallions, lemon wedges and fresh parsley.